Almost all e-commerce is done through Shopify. For good reason. This platform powers businesses in over 175 countries, and serves more than one million businesses on the market.Even though something is popular, does not mean that it is the best option for you. You know this since you're searching for Shopify alternatives.
Shopify is an extremely popular eCommerce platform, but not everyone will find it useful. If your business just got started, you may want to research different eCommerce solutions before you choose one.
A lot of people use Shopify for a reason. Basically, it works. However, there are some drawbacks to Shopify. It makes sense to search for Shopify alternatives so you can manage and create your online store.The good news is that there are several Shopify alternatives. The key is to compare and choose what works for you. The best part is that the other options aren't necessarily inferior to Shopify. It's just that they're different, and that's a good thing.
There are several advantages of using Shopify
- Usability: Shopify is the most user-friendly platform
- Design: it offers tons of good-looking themes
- Performance: no-stress uptime and speed
- Support: Shopify has lost of certified partners that can help you
Shopify Alternatives: Why You Should Consider Them
Despite Shopify's flexibility, there are some nuanced requirements it cannot meet.You may feel frustrated if you already pay for a content management system, like WordPress. Furthermore, if you are an artist, you may wind up paying for bells and whistles you aren't using or care about.Due to Shopify's absence, other vendors have filled the gaps. It is possible that, in your situation, an alternative to Shopify is better than it.
Great Shopify Alternatives
eShopCart is India’s leading SAAS platform which help you to launch your online store in few seconds. Start your e-commerce store with a few easy steps. Create products, set categories, connect a payment gateway as COD and publish your sparkling new e-commerce site!
With eShopCart’s easy share option, you can grow your business by sharing your beautiful products on social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook and major messaging app like WhatsApp, WhatsApp for Business, Telegram, Messenger, etc.
- eShopCart is Free to create online store.
- easy to use.
- social media integration
- custom domain support.
- google analytics and facebook pixel enabled for stores.
- email support is available
- limited themes available.
- no shipping option
BigCommerce is a flexible, open-source SaaS ecommerce platform that enables businesses of all sizes to create and scale online stores. A larger platform like BigCommerce is better than Shopify.
- With every plan, you'll receive robust features right out of the box.
- No transaction fees with support for more than 55 payment gateways.
- With Page Builder, you don't need to know any coding.
- A social media checkout for Instagram that offers an on-the-go shopping experience.
- The ability to customize URLs is an essential part of SEO.
- Our technical support is available 24/7, and most issues can be resolved with our first phone call.
- There is a large ecosystem of technology and agency partners
- The free themes offered by Shopify are nine, compared to the wide range of themes available with BigCommerce.
- It takes a little longer to learn BigCommerce than shopify because it has more features out of the box.
A free WordPress plugin launched in 2011, WooCommerce lets you turn your blog or website into an online store. If you're already familiar with WordPress, you might find WooCommerce an attractive alternative to Shopify.
Don't worry about one or the other. WooCommerce works with both WordPress and non-WordPress blogs. The BigCommerce plugin for WordPress integrates seamlessly with your existing site.
- Plugins can be used on any WordPress site for free.
- Any WordPress site can be easily integrated with this plugin.
- The code for the store can be completely customized due to its open-source nature.
- Numerous extensions are available for free and for a fee.
- Despite the fact that you can download the plugin for free, you'll still have to shell out for domain hosting, an SSL certificate, email provider, etc.
- If you don't know HTML and CSS, you may need to hire a developer or designer.
- Plug-ins are needed to enhance core WooCommerce features, resulting in increased complexity and slower site performance.
A platform built on open source technology, Magento was first released in 2007. In addition to Magento Commerce, Adobe acquired Magento Open Source for small businesses in 2018.
Magento is a better option for you if you have extensive skills in developing and enjoy Adobe's other products.
- It is open source, so everything in your store can be customized because you have access to the backend.
- More than 260,000 developers worldwide contribute to Magento's functionality.
- On Magento Commerce, enterprises can choose to either host their own servers or use cloud-hosted solutions as part of the package hosted on Amazon Web Services.
- Third-party apps and add-ons are available through a large partner ecosystem
- Mageto Open Source can only be installed on premises, so you need to provide your own hosting or partner with a third-party web hosting provider.
- While Magento provides patches and upgrades, they are the sole responsibility of the user for installation and management.
- The build and maintenance of your website will require the services of either a developer, an in-house IT department and/or an agency.
- It costs a lot to build Magento because of its extensive setup.
PinnacleCart, founded in 2003, provides a shopping cart solution with a strong marketing focus for small and mid-sized businesses.This Shopify alternative is a great choice for those who want more control over their storefronts while also benefiting from SEO features.
- PinnacleCart allows you to choose to either manage your own hosting or buy it from PinnacleCart.
- Features that are SEO-friendly, such as schema.org tags and custom URLs.
- Products and categories are unlimited on every plan.
- You'll have to pay extra or upgrade to a more expensive plan if your traffic increases, since they put a cap on bandwidth and storage for their lowest $79.95 plan.
- Due to PinnacleCart's versions, you will have to manage your upgrades.
- Since it's only integrated with 64 apps, it has a limited partner network.
- With only 12 available themes, PinnacleCart does not have the wide selection of Shopify.
A small business with little budget can build a website easily with Wix, a platform that can help them build an ecommerce site.A simpler and more intuitive web builder like Wix may suit you more than Shopify if you don't have experience.
- You can get your store up and running quickly by using a drag-and-drop website builder.
- Each product can have six options, so you can have 300 SKUs in total.
- Using the Help Center on Wix is easy thanks to its well-organized structure.
- One year's free domain is included in each of their ecommerce premium plans.
- As long as you're not on an enterprise plan with custom storage space, you're limited to 50GB of storage.
- As a payment provider, Wix does not support Apple Pay or Amazon Payments.
- You will need to submit a ticket or call our support team to get help.
- There is a challenge finding apps in Wix's app store because Wix offers a variety of website options that aren't ecommerce-focused.